Monday, March 25, 2013

Ouch

So, keeping on with the new norm... spent most of Saturday cleaning the house for company.  Love having a cleaner house, but good golly did I tear up my back.  Good thing I did my PT before we started the kitchen and bathroom.  Also, I managed to drop a sledge hammer on my bare foot while putting away the tools I used to repair the couch.  Toes are NOT tougher than steel.  In fact toes are not remotely compatible with sledge hammers ever.  So now not only do I move funny from an overstressed back, but I limp with both feet.  It's pretty awesome!  My physical therapy tonight was far more painful than it has been the previous two times.  Hope I didn't over strain.  I'll know for sure in the morning.

My main project this week is to finish up the graphics for Phat Jack's.  Good golly do I wish I'd taken a few graphic design classes over the years.  I'm pretty much teaching myself and learning the hard way.  But then as I have to keep reminding myself, they get what they're paying for, and at the moment that's $0.  So I'm trying not to feel bad about my abilities or speed.  I have made progress and by the time I'm done I'll have more skills than I used to have.

Going to go lay down and hope for the muscles to relax enough to let me sleep soon.
Live long and prosper.
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment