Sunday, April 27, 2014

Treats & Trek

As predicted, after 2 days at the flower shop my back was indeed beyond sore.  Surprisingly it wasn't the parts of my back that have hurt the most recently.  While tired and a bit grumpy my uper back and neck are not my primary complaint.  My lower back and sciatica are killin' me.  Yesterday we had to run house errands, between Scotty's injured foot & my nerve twinges we looked like delegates from the ministry of funny walks.

Yesterday I had a fun phone visit with Tracy Covel one of my chosen family from the summers I spent in Ogden canyon as a campground host.  He's getting things lined up to head back to South Fork Campground for the summer.  With any luck I should get to spend some time up there & float my river a few times.

Since we had to go out yesterday Scotty & I decided to treat ourselves with a good hamburger.  Unfortunately Culvers left me quite disappointed. Despite the cashier asking & writing down what I did and didn't want on my burger it came standard with tomatoes and mustard (I am not a fan of either).  The burger itself was dry & either they put on extra onions or they were really strong cuz they completely overwhelmed any seasoning or flavor the rest of the ingredients might have had.  Their chili cheese fries were made with mediocre chili, greasy undercooked fries, and cheese that was very disappointing for a chain that prides themselves for their "wisconsin cheddar".  The cheese curds were good.  I was somewhat excited to try their "lemon ice" & really enjoyed it up until I discovered that the bottom half of my serving was contaminated with strong peanut butter flavor.....lemon raspberry & peanut butter are not a great combo.  All in all the entire adventure was a major disappointment.  Really shoulda gone to Smash Burger like we first talked about.

Today I am being as kitty as I can.  spent much of my morning reading in bed, then moved to the couch to discover a Star Trek movie marathon was happening.  It's not every day that a dose of Shatner seems wonderful, but today it does.

Live long & prosper my darlings!
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment