Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Good Folk, GOOD TIMES!

I've finally found a routine here in the canyon that works for me. Laundry, cleaning, socializing, shopping and relaxing now have a set time and place. I LOVE IT!

With Mom & Glenn in South Fork, the rest of us get to take care of our own camps. Glenn is gonna be an awesome camp host. Sounds like his kids are gonna come up to visit soon.

I had SO much fun with my nephews while they were here. Most days I don't care for kids, but nephews are fun. They helped me clean the campground, we carved soap boats, burned things in the campfire, roasted marshmallows, and generally had a good time. We also had a good visit with Matt & Sara. They're talking about coming up again to float the river (weather was a bit chilly for it this weekend) in a few weeks. I can't wait!

Mike and Lisa were here again this week. I didn't get to visit with them as much as I wanted to, but they're the kind of friends with whom visiting is pleasant but not mandatory. They had company as well (Mike's parents) and their daughter Jess was here too, so we mostly just nodded and waved and asked if each other needed anything from the store.

Also got to visit with Marv & Deb briefly, they're good folks. Crazy in a good way, like most of my friends. Hope to get more time with them.

Got a closing date for the canyon, Sept 21st. I'm both looking forward to it, and dreading it. I've had a really good time here in the canyon, and done a lot of learning and living. I'll love getting back to plumbing I don't have to maintain, and electricity. But I really don't want the summer to end. 6 more weeks isn't exactly a blink of the eyes though, so maybe I'll be ready to go home by then.

I brought Spazz & Yahzi back to the canyon with me this week, they're not as quick to adjust to the camper as Royla was, but seem to be enjoying their stay. A big plus for Yahzi has been the humming bird feeder I hung outside the bedroom window Sunday. He wakes me up every morning at 6:30 to open the blinds so he can watch his new "friends". Spazz pretends to be immune, but isn't. Judy brought me a whole bag of fresh catnip from Mike & Tiff's yard, so tonight should be pretty good night for the kittahs! I'll let you know when they come down, could be weeks. Oscar is so glad to see Spazz, he calls her and tells her all kinds of stories all day. He ignored Royla. When Spazz meows, he meows, when she hisses, he hisses, they certainly are an odd couple.

Tonight is taco night at the American Legion, a bunch of the camp hosts from the area get together every week there. It's usually a good time for all. One last chance to relax and bs before we all head into the busy weekend.

This weekend should be busier than most, there's a big hot air balloon launch in Eden this weekend. Lots of campers, lots of excitement. Kinda glad I'm gonna be up here in the canyon, not down there in the path of the balloons.

Y'all take care and keep out of trouble.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment