Monday, August 3, 2009

Holy Heck!

What an ADVENTURE! Since my last post I've been BUSY.
Mike & Lisa (my NY friends) have been visiting and cooking for me. Mike was a chef for a long time and that boy can COOK! They also inspired me to dive into my cobbler experiments, and spend some time playing in the water. They're coming back this weekend, aw shucks.
I'm also gonna have Matt and his family in my campground.
Besides that Mom & Glenn are settling in as the camp hosts at South Fork this weekend (Russ had to leave). Should be awesome! One big disjointed family reunion. I love it!

Yesterday I found a home for Royla, very bittersweet. She's been good company for me there in the campground. But the family she's gone to are going to spoil her even more than me, and I think she'll be pretty happy. I dropped her off last night and said my goodbyes.

On my way back to the campground I was in an accident, and wrecked Truck Boat Truck...not good. But no one got hurt, and metal's replaceable (at least that's what I've been telling myself all day). Truck had to be towed, and that's been it's own can o' worms! Never EVER go to Ogden Automotive. They're con artists from what I can tell. Apparently they use some kind of magical stick to wave at a vehicle and determine it's damage level and repair costs. Cuz they gave Scott a $3,700 repair estimate and then when he asked specific questions said they would have to have their mechanic look at the truck. Isn't the mechanic supposed to be involved in assessing the damage? SCARY! Anyhow, that's a story to be continued.

Tonight I'm at home. HOME the stick and brick house where my bed and cats, and laundry machine lives. Oh and my husband, but he's mobile, so doesn't count. ;) I was planning to bike down tomorrow anyway to do the 15 things I didn't get done in the 3 days I had to prep for my camping job, but after the accident I needed to be able to get my car up the canyon so I don't have to put on 6 layers of clothes at 6:30 in the morning in order to bike down to South Fork and open the gate (that was a bit of an adventure this morning, what with the strained neck and all). So I hitched a ride with Glenn this morning and I'll drive back to the canyon tomorrow.

I miss home and love being here, but miss my canyon home like crazy, and the stuff I'm not getting done is driving me crazy. Oh well! I'm gonna enjoy my time at home though! No worrying, no stressing, just soaking up relaxation.

So tonight, I'm gonna settle in, relax, and sleep deep while kitties snuggle me.
May you all have the same blessings!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment