Friday, May 14, 2010

I’m HOME!

I’m HOME! It’s crazy how wonderful it felt to pull into Willows & know that it’s all mine. Scott & I got here just before dark last night.

Today was my birthday. It was a fabulous day! We slept in, I woke up to the noises & sounds that are home to me (mostly the river which is running quite high). Went down to Chris’ for breakfast (best country gravy other than mine & Dinner Bell’s) Gathered up my supplies at Anderson Cove, and stopped by Thom & Judy’s to visit my Willow Darlin and play with Mucuy. I’ve missed those guys a tons! Mom & Glenn showed up this afternoon & helped me clean up the sites. It was a great surprise! I rode my trike around & It really is gonna be as awesome as I thought it might be. Oscar spent the day watching the wild critters and strutting around the camper asking “Where’s Spazz?” Don brought up WONDER CART (I believe he must have fixed the front tires cuz it’s way less prone to steer it’s self in random directions), he also broke into my shed for me, and then figured out how to turn the water on. The canyon managers (Jim & Max) brought me uniforms, receipt book, and a leaf blower. So I’m in business!

Welcome to Willows! A good time will be had by all!
And if not, don’t tell me about it! =)

Wildlife sightings for yesterday & today:
Red Fox
Hawk
Gross Beak
Humming Birds
Snake (ewe, yes I screamed like a girl)
Jack Rabit
And if it counts Mom & Glenn picked up pieces (bones) of a dear that were scattered all over camp

Scott’s cooking me a mystery casserole for dinner (we skipped on going to the grocery store tonight since we were both worn out). Dessert will be the two slices of sparkly purple marble cake that I brought from work. Fran is the awesomest! She not only got me delicious cake, but it was purple with magenta neon glitter writing. The blue frosting roses stained all of our mouths bright blue, and also colored Byron’s mustache. It was a great party, and I’m already missing them! Good thing I get to go back Tuesday for a few days.

I have in mind a picture project for the summer. I’ll set the camera in the same place every day and snap a photo. Should be pretty interesting to look at when the season’s over. & it’ll motivate me to get my camera out every day and snap pics. I hate that I only have a few from last year.

I believe it’s time to turn of the computer and enjoy the sunset.
Be well.
-m


p.s. we just got our first camper of the year, it's official! He came to our door with two giant puppies (I think they're chow) He's a brave soul to camp in this weather, but I'm pretty sure the dogs will keep him warm. Oscar wanted to see the BIG kitties and had to go into his room (the bathroom) just in case. He & Scotty seem to be getting along a bit better in these tight quarters. We all miss the kitties!

No comments:

Post a Comment