Friday, November 4, 2011

Arches was amazing

Our Halloween getaway was a success.  We spent the first night sitting on the roof of the camper (this is now traditional when camping at Dead Horse cuz the view is so much better from up there) bundled in blankets with our toes tucked into the interior of the camper where it was warm.  The stars were amazing.  We did a bit of touristing in Canyon Lands Sunday, cooked french toast at one of the overlooks, visited my favorite store in Moab where I spent more money than I should have (just as I planned to).  Halloween day we had a campfire (excellent hardwood) & roasted biscuits.  I made raspberry honey butter which immediately set up like rock when I took it outside.  With our little propane heater warming our backsides, & the fire warming our frontsides it was a comfortable pleasant evening.

The drive home was a little scary.  Our tradition of traveling over soldier summit in the worst possible weather  went just like it always does.  Fortunately we were not one of the vehicles to end that day upside down in the ditch.

I got little crafting done this trip, but did do quite a bit of reading.  That's always a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment