Thursday, November 3, 2011

Strange

Tonight as I was climbing out of the now winterized camper with Oscar's kibble bag (shoulda grabed it 2 days ago before it was so cold & dark in there), I was heralded by a rather distressed Meow.  Being the well trained Meowess that my kritters have trained me to be I went into full on code fuschia (that's between copasetic purple & worry red).  When I reached the ground I saw a familiar looking brown tabby.  Sider is a brown tabby.   Said kittah was unhappy, wanted attention, and though needy very distant.  Much like Sider when he knows he isn't supposed to be outside & isn't excited about staying out or being in trouble for getting out.  So I sat down, coaxed the kittah to me (not hard if you get kittah speak & offer unqualified loves).  & then despite minor objection captured the cat whom I  thought was Sider & carried it's not entirely squirming self to the front door.  Where I was greeted by Sider...on the inside of the glass waiting for me.  HUH?!?  I then sat down, interviewed the kitty in my arms, & discovered that it was not at all one of my cats.  Just a docile, unhappy, needy newcomer.  I'm calling him/her (daylight will tell) Outie.  Since Sider abandoned the prefix of his name when he moved inside, and this new cat is so much like him but cannot come inside.  Outie has something serious going on with his/her eyes.  I'm hoping steady food, a warm place to sleep & people who give a sh*t will improve his/her odds.  Real glad Sider was at the door or I'd have turned Outie loose inside without realizing he/she was an impersonator.  Really don't want to contaminate my sheltered spoiled indoor babies with scary germs.  So I hauled Royla's outside house out of the back yard (her new people have gotten their sh*t together and didnt' have to abandon her back to me, so she's still a happy girl in her new home YAY) set it up on the porch and Outie seems quite pleased with the offering.  I always say things happen for a reason, and who else would have accidentally snuggled, cared about & had a ready built shelter available along with some spare affection & general give a sh*t for this animal?  Outie can't come in (Sider already has us running at 150% capacity prolly forever), but that doesn't stop me from helping.  Tonight he/she has a full tummy & a warm place to sleep.  Tomorrow I'll research antibiotics.

Having surgery next week.  Trying not to freak out about it.  Supposed to be an in an out thing without an overnight stay in the hospital.  I really hope so.  Realizing that some of the pain I've been blaming on my back for years has actually been my gal bladder.  Hopefully that means I'm much happier without it.

Gonna go tuck myself in and begin the wondering of how I'll do without ibuprofen for a week...do they have support groups for that?
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment