Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I appologize!

However I make no immediate promises for improvement.  I'm scheduled for back surgery day after tomorrow & until I know how that went I have no idea how & if I'm going to be able to post in the near future.

It's been a rather unpleasant few weeks.  The nerve pain has gotten the best of me & I spend most of the time I'm not at work laying flat in bed.  It helps, but not enough.  Keep getting more and more disturbing signs of nerve damage.  I'm very glad I didn't postpone this any longer than I did.

I have a good feeling about my neurosurgeon. I've never dealt with Salt Lake Regional Hospital, but given my general distrust of all hospitals I'm supposing that one is no worse than another...

Scott's been an amazing support for me.  I have severe anxiety, & pain dulls my fo=,cus while limiting my ability.  I can only hope his patience continues!  Don't know how I'll repay him, but I'm sure glad to have his help & support.

Mom & Glenn are looking at a new adventure, they're putting together a food concession trailer.  It seems like a good way of combining her customer service skills & his food service skills while allowing them both a way to retire & travel a bit.  It's been fun to think, plan, and dream it up with them.  I hope to support their adventure & perhaps get to participate a bit.

My favorite nephew's birthday is the 24th.  I can't believe how big he is & how proud I am.  I may be the crazy, prone to spoiling, rarely seen aunt, but it's not from lack of adoration!


Time for another pain pill & a little time with my VERY temporary bedroom television.


It's likely to be several days if not weeks before I'm able to post again.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!
~m

1 comment:

  1. Wow Mari I hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery. I'll be thinkin' about you and sending up prayers for you.
    That sounds great thinking about the food concession stand. Great fun for them! I hope they make a wonderful success in it!
    love you--m

    ReplyDelete