Monday, January 9, 2012

I give up!

Ok, I give up on fixing my holiday post, the camera, my computer & my schedule have gotten together and forced my hand.  Life's been crazy.  I'm trying to identify & finish projects around the house so that I'm more comfy during my recovery time.  Work's in full swing, it's the first week of the semester and slow times on the job are a fond memory.  This too shall pass.

While we were south we did some property shopping & are still playing with the idea of buying land in southern Arizona.  Fact is the markets right for it, we found something we like and if we can make the financing work we want it.  We've always planned to own a piece of land somewhere that we could call home base.  Now we're contemplating having two of those.  This would allow us to retire to a somewhat smaller rv giving us more camping options without requiring a tractor to haul them.  In shopping for a smaller toy hauler type rig we found a trailer we both love and can see ourselves living in...that's unusual.

Our drive home from Q was uneventful and somewhat pleasant.  We've done this trip enough times to develop a routine.  Doesn't hurt that I was able to nap for a good part of the time that Scott was driving :)

Our cats seem to have weathered our absence with little inconvenience, even Outie was glad to see us & quick to forgive.


My car is rebelling on me, the beloved purple beast was unstartable yet again this morning....it's a darn good thing that I love that car as much as I do.  Hopefully while I'm out of commission Scott will be able to do some diagnostic research.  Whatever gremlin is draining the battery has gotten on my last nerve.  If I don't drive the car every day or place it on a battery charger it refuses to start.  Why must the car I love betray me!?!


Sunday I woke up to a surprise.  Where I normally have shooting pain I now have numbness and tingling.  I am so glad that back surgery is already scheduled!  The numbness is different but not necessarily better.


Tried a new restaraunt the other night, Red Maple, it was great!  Definitely going back soon!


Been typing this while laying in bed & my left arm's gone numb.  Really looking forward to not having to favor my back this much!


Live long & prosper.
~m

2 comments:

  1. Hey it's good to hear all about life! You should write books and sell them--I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, but I'm pretty sure the only people who would buy them are the same folks who read this blog. It's a short list, and I don't really want to make money off of my dear ones. So I'll stick to the day job :)

    ReplyDelete