Saturday, February 25, 2012

I get down, I get up.

My recent posts have been a bit low.  I'm sorry.  I do not write this blog to share the sob story of my life.  I don't consider myself to have one.  I've just been going through a low spot & it's showing.  I am not depressed, I'm mostly stressed.  I tend to process through talking it through, and I haven't dumped this one on my mom, Scott, Judy, or Lynn.  It's landing in my blog.  That's pretty unusual so I'm not gonna focus too much on it.

Perhaps one of the reasons I'm focusing on my blog is that recently my dear friend Judy lost hers.  Somehow and update erased 6 years of chipper, informative, and for some of us essential information.  That has been traumatic for her, and perhaps also for me.  I enjoy & look forward to seeing what they're up to, and knowing the details without being intrusive.  I know I could easily phone or text & be up to date, but it's not what I'm used to & I guess I've become spoiled.  So I'm over sharing a bit.  I'll try to get over it.

Made Oreo truffles the other day.  YUM!  and EASY!
mix one bag oreos with one block cream cheese in food processor
cool mix till stable to hold on ball shape
ball up
dip in white/milk chocolate *I used a double boiler & a mix of wfalmond bark & guitard & bakers white choc)
set on wax paper (I used mini muffin cups since I wanted them to be easy to share)
if desired sprinkle with a dash of pulverized oreo cookie (I made this in the food pro by peeling the cookie side of a few of the oreos before putting in the cream chs & the remaining cookies & filling)*
let set
SHARE

try to eat just one...I dare ya.

My cousin Emily shared these with me at a party & though I do not usually do sugar bombs the idea stuck & bloomed.  Call it a new leas on life. I enjoyed making, eating & sharing them.  In fact I think there's a few more out in the garage (my walk in cooler for the moment).

Live long & prosper.
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment