Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Birthday Decadence

It has been a grand day.
My only goal was to be luxuriously lazy & mostly that's exactly what I did.

Slept in, went out to lunch:  a huge pile of steamed crab to devour, a cold glass of fresh raspberry mint iced tea, and delicious apple crisp ala mode for desert


An impromptu pedicure & the cute tech even picked my color for me (purple sparkly of course).

Finished making over grandma's vanity bench. I never saw her vanity & I don't have a vanity, but will keep that thing with me for the rest of my life!  It takes me back to Sunday dinner at Grandma's when the family was almost small enough to all fit at the dinner table.  Devin & I sat hip to hip on that bench and ate our dinner at the desk.  Got to visit with my Mommy while I finished it.  Scotty thinks the trim belongs on a sombrero...but I like it, & it matches.  Too bad it lives in his office ;)
Before

After

Had a great visit with Lisa Henry when I went to borrow her kennel to transport goats.  Got to chatter about my canyon, goats, and  a few other things that we needed to catch up on.

So good, and it's not over (since I'm having a whole birthday week).
Scotty got Hank (that's what I've named the dodge that hauls my Behemoth) registered so I can camp this weekend without fear of being pulled over.
Tomorrow I get to spend the day with my Mum tending Marlee Michelle (Lyndie's cute baby).
Then pick up our new foster goats.  I should learn not to joke anymore...

Am I old now?  I certainly don't feel that way.  Today has been delightful & I so many dear folk have posted on my facebook page wishing me happy birthday...all of whom I love.  I don't think I could ever add up all the people I love.  There are so many of them and they're all so very different.

Live Long  Prosper Y'all!
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment