Monday, February 16, 2009

I try not to think about what I can't change, just to take the cards I'm dealt and do my best. This week that's not easy. I got a phone call from my boss this morning as I was heading to work...happy shiny "you don't need to come in today we're closing"...this only strengthens my doubts about my job. #1 goal for the week is now to find a different job...they just aren't making good business decisions. I really have tried being loyal to them, and have got backstabbing and double talk back. So I'm done. I'll work all the hours they give me (less than 6 this week) and avidly seek something/anything else. That sucks. Add that to the stress Scott's having at work (won't share cuz he doesn't like me even mentioning his existence online), and there's a big part of my brain that's having a panic. I do NOT want to change our whole lifestyle and become truck drivers. Besides, KITTIES. Duh.

So besides that we're both sick. Scott came down with this bug saturday and now I have it, itchy eyes, runny nose, caughing, aches, upsets, grrrrrr really glad mom's not here this week. I worry about her getting sick with all the stress on her immune system from the radiation.

Just talked with mom. Glenn's driving her tomorrow, through the storm, and that puts me more at ease. Really wish there was a way to have her not worry about being at home to check on grandpa, but if she must I'm glad Glenn's driving.

Russ has me craving carving...might rip into my walking stick this week just for fun...might be messy but calming. Really craving the calm things this week.

Ya'll stay healthy and happy! (yes Judy that's an absolute rip off, but i love it)
-m

3 comments:

  1. Saw your blog link on facebook and thought I would take a look. Hang in there! Sometimes change turns out to be a really good thing. I'll think good thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I've been sending lots of "positiveness" your way, if you're sick that means my "positiveness" is going towards the other issues where it's needed most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positiveness. I'm sure it's helping. Didn't mean to sound so low...was just absolutely disgusted and a little depressed.

    ReplyDelete