Saturday, February 21, 2009

Too Much Squidbillies

We are officially broken...that's nothin' new (as those who love us can attest) but I'm sayin' it now lest ye claim I didn't warn ya.

Many of you know we became proud owners of a 98 Dodge Dually 1 Ton back on February 9th. I'm considering it Scotty's Valentines present, for the next 30 years. No, we couldn't really "afford" it. However, Scotty knows this dude that blew his leg off and got some money from the insurance folks, and he's pretty lenient in his loan terms, and he likes us and all that...(fact is he talked himself into spending some of his "flying" money on it (Mari does the happy dance in secret and hopes Scotty never reads this).

The important thing is: my ONE condition was that the dodge not become an EGO extension (no that's not the word we always use). It IS the right vehicle to haul around my big ol' beast of a camper, and it WILL be the right thing to tow around whatever house we decide we're retiring in (the more we do it, the more it appeals as a retirement option).

So in acknowledgment of my ONE Condition, and after a Squidbillies Marathon on Cartoon network (both of us now admit to having a voice in our heads that sounds like Granny Cuyler) Scott has named the dodge "Truck Boat Truck....Wooot".

Those of you who have known me very long understand that ALL vehicles I bond with have a name. For those who are blissfully unaware of all things Squidbillies truck boat truck is the COVETED boat sandwich. A Huge Truck-towing a boat-towing a smaller truck. It's a redneck thing. Would be less apropos if our driveway looked less like a used car lot at the moment....But I'm sellin' the boat, which is in the side yard anyway, so that totally makes it okay....or somethin'. Anyhow my ONE Condition, backfired, it is now a new way for him to tease me. Guess I love him anyway.


So on a completely separate note (not): my dad's truck is for sale '
96 3/4 ton Chev K series. Great truck, but not up to hauling 5,000+ lbs IN the bed on the freeway to Quartzsite, and that's become a priority. Will tow just about anything, but I love my Camper, so we got the Truck Boat Truck. Anyone know anyone who's interested (happy to keep in my family/chosen family if possible) talk to me. It's still not something I want to do, but it's time now.

I'm making small victories in the battle to have a guest room and storage too...yesterday I made enough room and found and organized enough things to bead a necklace. Major Gold Star for Mari. It's a slow battle, but I will win eventually.

Yahzi's helping me type now, poor baby has an upset tummy. & Oscar's suggesting dialog. So I'm gonna go be a good pet mom for a few minutes.

Ya'll Take Care, I love Ya!
-m


No comments:

Post a Comment