Thursday, October 22, 2009

I abjectly appologise and beg forgivness.

I have been a bad blogger. I have no good excuses, just lame tired cop outs. I've been busy.

After retrieving Royla it became clear that she'd been kicked pretty hard but was otherwise in good physical health. She isn't her same old affectionate self, but is improving. Scott thinks she may even have benefited from the experience by gaining better "get out of the way" skills. She never was very good at the following in front game that our other cats seem to enjoy playing. I wouldn't have had her learn this way, but we're looking for a silver lining. She seems to be recovering well, and though not as trusting as she used to be, she is getting back into our old habits. This makes me feel a lot less guilty. Melanie & Mike whom she stayed with for two nights really want to adopt her. They seem like nice people, and I'm pretty certain she would be safe there, but I'm having a really hard time putting her out for adoption again. It's not that I believe my house is the only safe place for her. It's that I know she'll be safe here and every time I think of placing her I'm overcome with self doubt. I thought the Madsen's would be good people for her, and they assured me that she would be loved. But that didn't work out so well for her.

Scott's worked miracles on our shed, it's now fully roofed *ouch* and wired. He also put up overhead shelves, and has ordered the siding. We have officially named it Shedzilla. Seems like every time we look away it grows. Pretty sure by the time we get the doors on and boxes in there it's gonna be palatial.

I've been crazy busy at work, seems like every day gets a little busier. It's fantastic & exhausting. I've found that coming home at the end of the day too tired do more than sleep is not always a bad thing. Speaking of which, I'm gonna put my feet up and veg for a while here.

Live Long and Prosper.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment