Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Amputation!!! All the cool kids are doing it!

Looks like the Brown family will have yet another cool kid. Lynn's in the hospital tonight, and tomorrow they'll tell us how much of her foot she gets to keep. It's a pretty common event for diabetics, but not a ton of fun when it's happening to you. I sure wish she didn't have to deal with this. Her boys are doing a good job of supporting her and holding things together. They're a good team. Danny's taking care of her pack (brave man). I'm mostly standing around twiddling my thumbs. But I love her dearly and wouldn't be anywhere else.

Top that off with our driver at Tulip Tree finding a better job, and it all equals a pretty high stress week for me. But hey, I'll get to hang out with the cool kids, so who cares right?

Thursday is not the birthday of anyone who lives at my house and only has to wear one shoe. Also no one is turning 40. Just in case anyone wondered. Scott's going to go celebrate with his mom (she agrees about her little boy NOT topping the hill).

I however have big plans for Thursday, I'm having dinner with friends from jr. high. I was gonna feel bad about missing out on the big 40, until it got canceled. So now I'm just excited.

Am I a bad wife for not making a big deal out of this and throwing him a party? I know a big deal isn't his style, but a man only gets to be 40 once. I suppose I'd rather be a bad wife for not throwing a party than to be divorced.

I've had the oddest dreams lately, re-arranging furniture, shoe shopping, really odd. I so very much hope I'm NOT sleep walking during them! Chris found one of my bite guards while digging a trench in the back yard last week. HOW ON EARTH DID IT GET THERE?!? I only wear my bite guards to sleep. Therefore they should always be where I put them when I wake up, right? NOPE, I've misplaced several now (that's not the most appropriate word, but "woke up without and had no memory of removing" is such a long phrase).

It's late, and I suspect tomorrow is going to be a much longer day than anyone wishes for. I'll post more details about Lynn's surgery soon. Keep her in your prayers and thoughts. She's got some hard days ahead of her.

If you get back what you give, then why do the good folks always get ripped off?
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment