Thursday, August 12, 2010

Only so many hours in a day!

Work's been busy, home's been hectic. I've got some awesome pictures, but can't find the camera card reader...so next time.

We've camped the last 2 weekends in a row. Had fun both times, but we're definitely staying home this week!

Two weeks ago was Monte Cristo. We camped on top of a mountain during an awesome thunder storm, burnt 100 lbs of hardwood, and quite enjoyed ourselves. Also found out my former supervisors are spreading malicious rumors about me...not a big surprise. Kinda telling that they feel the need to make up lies. Makes me wonder how much of the problem they've figured out was their fault or had explained to them by their superiors. Not my worry anymore, and we had a good laugh at the stories their making up and the OBVIOUS holes in them (like all the problems that I was inviting have now moved "across the road" when there's not another campground on the other side of the street for 30 miles either direction). Also saw our friends Jim & Jerry (the ones who have a pickup camper and cats) at Willows on the way home. While we were there we got a peak at the new hosts and their camp site. They seam like nice folks who will tell the supervisors exactly what they want to hear. Seeing all the kids toys and junk strewn across their site sure made me feel better about how things looked when I was living there.

This weekend was the Andersen (my Dad's family) reunion. It was great to see them, I haven't spent much time with that part of my family in too long. We all stayed (some of us in campers) at a cabin near Bear Lake. There was tie dye (yes, I'm plotting a way to wear tie dye in one way or another every day of the year now!) paper rockets, an adorable cabin cat who was an expert at mousing and knew how to spot a good skritcher people. Oscar had a good time socializing and even had fun while his cage blew off of it's perch and landed on it's side (thank goodness cabin kitty wasn't around right then). Saturday we all went to the beach. Somehow we catered lunch for 50 from mine & Mom's camper kitchens, and it was delicious(at least everyone said so). I even got Scotty to play in the lake(yay for SPF 100). Saturday night Scott & I headed away from the beach with no specific plan and ended up in charming St. Charles Campground. Other the site being a bit of a trick to park in & the fire ring (attached grill) tripping Scott and creating a few FANTASTIC bruises. It was pretty ideal.

I've got many other things that I would love to chat about, and I promise to do so soon, but I must go tuck Oscar into his bedtime cage now so that our newly adopted cat Sider & I can both relax (he still thinks Oscar's prey).

Keep peace in your hearts and minds.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment