Monday, March 2, 2009

Comfortably Numb

Don't know exactly what to write about, but it's been a while, so I'll write something and fill in details later...or not.

Friday Scott & I had lunch with Mom & Glenn. It was fun, and I think we've got them hooked on Cafe Sylvester. Mom has made friends with another patient who is 1 week ahead of her in treatments, and that seems to help her with what to expect and how much of what she's experiencing is the radiation.

It is not the week to be a Hillyard apparently, and especially not a Heaps. I think Lyndie's the only Hillyard-Heaps who hasn't had surgery this month. But last I heard they're all healing, and aside form Angie being anemic, they're all good. Grandpa fell and broke teeth and hand bones, but won't go to the doctor or use an ice pack, so I'm having a hard time giving him too much sympathy. I love him, I'm sorry he's hurting, but if he won't do what he can to stop the pain, I can't feel bad for him. I spend so much of my life doing everything I can to manage my pain that have a really hard time finding sympathy for plain ol' stubborn. I know it's harsh, Mom and I conflict about it all the time. He's made choices, he's old and alone & that sucks, but he's not a victim, he just WON'T do some stuff cuz he doesn't wanna. I'm not gonna feel sorry for him cuz he won't do something. Does that make me a bitch? I hope not.

Saturday I got to have lunch with Joffree & Lisa, it was wonderful. I love my life, and I love my husband, but it is so nice to go have girl time with people who are just "my" friends...not that I don't love "our" friends...it's just different sometimes. The rest of the day was uneventful, cleaned the camper, including the carpet (huge project), went grocery shopping, and petted the sick Yahzi.

Sunday Scott decided it would be fun to drive to Wendover...ya, just for fun...2 hours on one of the most boring pieces of road we ever drive on. Apparently he wanted to get a good road trip baseline on how his new truck/boat/truck (which he claims is NOT it's name, yes he reads my blog too) behaves on the freeway. So we went to wendover, played a dollar at nickle blackjack (I lost, he won, we broke even) had lunch, and I went to the red garter for the first time (THEY STILL HAVE COIN MACHINES!!! I'm taking Grandma's knickels next time). And then we came home...and continued to clean the camper carpet (it got soooooo dirty on our Quartzsite trip). We are now official devotees of the "miracle apple cleaner" who'd have known.

And today, wow, today was it's own kind of special....I went to work with the same "whatever, I'm just doin' my job until I find something else or they upset me" mentality I've gone with for the last few weeks. Almost immediately things started blowing up, for lack of a better word. Fortunately things weren't aimed at me, and I got to trudge along below the missiles. I won't go into details because things there aren't done being dramatic, and there's some tiny chance me talking about it might make me part of their drama. Don't want to deal with that. So I'll keep my opinions on the details to myself. Suffice to say, I'm amazed about how little I cared.

So tomorrow, I go to work, do my job, and watch the drama unfold...should be interesting. And at worst, it'll be exactly what I've been expecting...so win win. Whatever...shouldn't I care more? Hmmn.

Tonight Oscar learned that not only can he kinda fly, he can also TURN in the air. This means it's very much time to get his feathers trimmed, but it has been fun to watch him learn about flying. He's surprised when he doesn't crash.

Must go spend time with sick kitty now. Hope he's better soon...poor baby.

Happy Almost Spring to you all!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment