Monday, March 23, 2009

Too long...oh well.

I've mostly been trying to crawl into a hole and ignore life...not the best strategy I know. But it's been easier than acknowledging all the crap that's being shoveled my direction. However, it's not a long term solution, and I am trying to find one of those.

Oscar and Scott are back on poor terms with each other, this of course makes life more challenging for me. I'm not delighted with screamy bird either, but throwing things at him is NOT the solution. But it's not all bad news birdy, he's picking up more and more language, and people other than me are beginning to be able to understand him. When he's not being an absolute beast, he's rather cute. Almost all of his wing feathers have come in, and he's figuring out this flying trick...still no good at the landings though. Just as well, it's time to trim his wings, and he'll have the same adventure next year.

The Hillyard family bad health trend has continued, the same day Mom had her last radiation treatment Grandpa checked into the hospital. I don't have all the details cuz I've been hesitant to call Mom the last few days (she's been spending the night at the hospital, and I don't want to call her and wake her up if she's napping). But I'm assuming no news is good news, hopefully. Last I heard he was improving and they were talking about doing a few more tests then sending him home.

I'm having one hell of a time coming up with interesting subject matter, I think I'm just mentally exhausted. I'm gonna go read or carve for a while, that seems to help.

Live Long & Prosper!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment