Monday, July 6, 2009

And then I just stopped...

Today I got up, worked my butt off for a few hours before it got hot, and then I just stopped. I took off my uniform shirt, got in the truck, and came down to T&J's to sit in the air conditioning and get my internet stuff done. I've been here most of the day (with a few breaks to go check on my campground and make sure the cat & bird weren't melting). It's been awesome! I've actually gotten things done and am mostly caught up with my life. Also it's been fun to have someone to talk to. I don't mind being by myself up here, but I really enjoy spending time with friends too.

Not that I've been suffering for company. I've met some awesome campers (single serving friends mostly), and I've had family & friends come to visit. This weekend Celeste and Tracy came up, we had a great visit. While they were here Joffree and Nymul came up also. It was great! I had a campground full of good campers, and my own campfire surrounded by friends. Mom and Glenn came up Sunday afternoon, hopefully they can come camp soon. Glenn says they have to "unload" the camper first, mom "packed" it and it's got so much "stuff" in it that you can't use it. I have sympathy for them both. I've finally begun to find an organized normal in my camper. No more stashing things on Scott's side of the bed so that I can use the kitchen.

I'm even beginning to crave my craft projects again. One of these days I'm gonna dig in and bead up a storm. Perhaps I'll even get some sketching done.

Royla's settling right into camper life rather happily, she sits outside on a leash and watches the birds and other creatures. She jumps into the hammock with me and helps me relax. She sleeps on Scott's pillow at night and keeps mine warm when I go out to open the gate every morning. She rides around on the golf cart with me and helps me keep track of all the goings on in the campground.

I've watched the first two seasons of Due South while I've been up here (they're a good distraction while I'm organizing the camper). I love that show! Can't watch it and not come away grinning. Thank you kindly!

Tomorrow I'm gonna go down to Anderson Cove to do laundry. I think I'll pack a peanut butter sandwich, a cold can of soda, a good book and make a picnic out of it. Perhaps I'll even take my swim suit and go for a swim. Should make for a fabulous day. I'll cross my fingers & hope that it actually works out that way.

Gonna turn off the computer and watch TV with Thom for a few minutes. Sure am glad these guys don't mind me invading their space.

Y'all have a swonderfull time in this summertime weather we've finally got.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment