Sunday, July 19, 2009

Whip Crack Away!

Note to self, never watch Calamity Jane and then go motorcycling. I hummed, la la la-ed, and sung all the way to Ogden and back. Not unusual for me, but anyone listening would think I'm nuts. Well I am, but I usually manage not to show it quite that much. Good thing there's no cameras inside my helmet.

Scott's been busy building the shed, it's now closed, with walls and a roof. And most impressively, he's done it all by himself. He's keeping me updated with photos of the progress, but I still expect to be blown over by the size and splendor of the thing when I get back home. I very much miss home. I've loved being here, loved being able to do this job, loved the weight I'm losing while doing it, but I miss my kitties. I miss lunches with Lynn, my nail time with Ashlee, and my hair time with Ashley (yes, I pay the last two but they're really friends). I miss being able to run my microwave any ol' time I want, and I miss having someone to steal the covers from at night (Yahzi usually). Scott put me on speaker phone the other night and Spazz tried to maul it, so I think she misses me too.

This afternoon I floated the river with friends. It's the first time I've taken time for that since I got here. I just may find time to do it every day from now on! I'm developing a plot to wash my clothes by hauling them along in a mesh bag with a little soap. Probably not a perfect strategy, but a lot of fun.

Tomorrow I'm coasting, I'll get what blowing and shoveling done that I can, and then I'm going down to Anderson Cove to meet Don's (maintenance guy) parrots, and do my laundry. Should be a pretty good day. I'll let you know.

-m

No comments:

Post a Comment