Monday, November 15, 2010

better?

I'm sorry I haven't posted.  I've been terribly grumpy lately and didn't want to share.
Not that I have fabulous news...but I'm in a much better mood.

We've had some lovely plumbing complications lately, and tonight a complete FAILURE.  Both the bathtub and shower had backed up sewer water standing in them earlier tonight.  Since I KNOW I'm gonna be the one in there with a scrub brush i plan on going to Costco for the JUMBO size bottle of bleach and the INDUSTRIAL gloves.  Roto Rooter will be here at 9am.  Blehhhhgggg.

Scott's birthday was Friday...so on Thursday he decided to have a angiogram.  This was not nearly as much fun as what I had planned; A trip to Wendover and topped off with steak and lobster bisque at the Rainbow.  However, plans can be postponed, and we're very glad to have taken time to make sure there was in fact not much wrong with his ticker.  Wendover will still be there next week.  The angiogram was triggered by Scott mentioning pressure in his chest during a checkup (prolly indigestion) and then wonky triglyceride levels.  So he went for a stress test, and there were dark spots...likely when the person being tested has significant chest and shoulder muscles.  But how on earth do you say no when the person leaving a message says "we need you to come in for testing so that you don't have a heart attack this weekend"

I've had the neverendingheadache lately.  It's mostly pressure on the nerves from the crooked bones in my neck brought on by stress.  But knowing that doesn't make it not hurt.  I've tried everything I know of and have mostly come down to wishing it would go away and taking more ibuprofen than is good for me.

Sorry for the less than positive post.  But I've been less than positive.  Things will get better.  I will get back to a shiny place. And life's still good, despite it all.

Never take indoor plumbing for granted!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment