Sunday, November 21, 2010

Winter Wonders & Kitty Snugglers

Just as I was beginning to remember why I dislike snow...cold, slippery, that awful shiver that happens when it sneaks down the back of your neck or the top of your boots...

We got a full on dumper of a storm & I LOVE IT!  Not that I wont still bitch a little the next time my socks get wet.

I awoke at 6:30 am to the sounds of our neighbor (not so lovingly referred to as "leaf blower a**hole") and his family outside banging on on something & yammering at maximum volume (as always).  Fearing that the neon unconventional color of my house may have finally gotten to them and they were out there banging on my car (we've had trouble before with neighbors getting mean because they don't understand how we're happy being us and we don't bother to conform to their expectations) I got up to feed Oscar and peek out the window.  What I saw was 3 people running about with rakes and shovels...not usually a good sign, but they were in their own yard still so I tried to go back to bed.  Just as I was dosing off I heard "OH G@#" and then a rather disturbingly muffled boom. That family's rather famous to us for LOUD early morning spectacles so I made a mental note to check things out after the sun was up and then tucked my toes under a kitty.

It's amazingly pleasant when the weathers like this to have a nice kitty to warm your toes.

Later when I looked outside the tree that all 3 people had been prancing about with their rakes and shovels was missing half of itself, and there's a pile of branches in their garden.  This is rather comic to me because Leaf Blower Man was out there 2 days ago sucking leaves out of the garden into a garbage can with what may has to be the loudest vacuum known to man.  I believe he's found a special store that sells the loudest of all outdoor appliances.  Leaf blower (he does his roof and gutters with it daily beginning in July), vacuum thing, rototiller, lawn mower, edger cars....Even their dogs are the loudest I've yet met.  Anyhow, I'm not celebrating their loss, but I do wonder.  How much of the damage was done by banging on the tree?

I'm in the midst of 2 rather huge crochet projects.  It's a nice, low stress sort of activity.  Spazz & Oscar both love to help.  Yahzi's okay with it as long as he gets to snuggle in whatever I'm making.

 Last night when I went out to brush snow off of the dish tuner I brought in a giant snowball for the cats to explore.  It was so much fun that we've had to refill it twice.  They quite like this cold white melty stuff, and then the puddle of water is fun too.

I'm dreading this week a bit.  We've committed to do a ton of orders for 1800 flowers, and it's gonna be a hellish rush every day.  I'm fine with busy, but a rush generally makes for short tempers, low supplies, and more than a healthy dose of chaos.

Oh, the plumbing issue!  I nearly forgot.  Roto Rooter found the source of our ehm 'problem'.  This spring Questar dug up our yard in one spot to fix a leak in one of their pipes.  While digging they came to the front door in a panic to beg Scott not to flush anything until they could repair our main sewer pipe witch they had somehow damaged.  When he came home from work that day things were put back together and seemed to be working.  Recently we've noticed a sink hole right where they were digging.  We suspected their patch to be a possible source of our stress but until we were certain we didn't want to make any accusations.  Long disgusting story short, their patch did fail, and it backed up sewage all the way to our bathtubs.  Questar was awesome, because the source of the problem was their patch failing they showed up immediately & repaired the pipe.  All's well that ends well I suppose.

Keep your toes warm.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment