Saturday, April 16, 2011

Beautiful Weather

Today feels like spring.  Scott & I sat in the sunshine to eat lunch.  Spazz campaigned to have the front door open, and Sider talked me into opening the bedroom blinds & window so that he can watch his birds (a pair small birds has built a nest in the ivy right next to the window).

Things are winding up to be a busy week.  I've got a wedding consultation for Scott's brother, reception flowers for the Emmers, and a Hillyard funeral.  I know it doesn't sound like much, and if it wasn't all for folks I love it wouldn't be half as stressful.  I keep crisscrossing details in my head.  Should get a bit better tomorrow after I've got the wedding written down.

I'm not crying about the funeral yet.  Kim's been so sick for so long, I know that an important part of my life is empty...but I'm not to the crying stage yet.  I'm so happy & relieved for her.  She's been so strong & brave for so long.  I'm sure she's happy to be done.  We're gonna miss her smile, and quiet humor.  Ah, there's a tear.  Perhaps I am to the crying stage after all.

I think I'll go open the screens and let some of this fabulous weather blow through the house.
Light & Love,
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment