Tuesday, April 21, 2009

An interesting day.

This morning when my phone reminded me to be to work my 9 I said No, I don't work Tuesdays, that has to be wrong. So I did another batch of laundry and kept looking for black dress shoes *Wow, I didn't have any*...and at noon I remembered to check my calender, I really WAS supposed to be there. CRAP! So I called, and they didn't know I was supposed to be there either. So no harm done...except to my wallet...oh well. I'd rather miss a shift when it's slow like this than be there trying to keep busy.

Went for my interview this afternoon...and it was interesting. I really hope I get the job I interviewed for yesterday or last week. Something just didn't feel right today. Yesterday was awesome. I think I'd much rather be there. But beggars can't be choosers, and I'm back out there applying for more jobs tonight. I really hope I can find a job that wants to hire me and I want to work at. I know that's asking a lot. But I try to put all the good I can into the world, some has to come back at me eventually.

Heard from Russ he's okay. Sounds like he's about as sore as me (been a bad week for my back), but he's coping and so am I. He told me about the cool museum they went to in Overton (NV) the Lost City museum (I think, there was phone issues) geological and historical (think Anasazi) exhibits from before they filled up Lake Mead. I think I'll add that one to my list of cool things to see.

Sounds like our nomad family had a frustrating trip north from Quartzsite. Muccuy (Judy's Quaker Parrot) was rejected from California, so they had to take a looooonnnng detour to get north. Good to know if we ever take Oscar with us. Guess Bawky Bird ain't ever gonna see the San Francisco Bridge...oh well. We'll leave him with Matt that trip. Or (I know this is gonna be Scotty's thought when he reads this) we'll fly in our private plane and make it a weekend trip. Holy crap does the very thought of that FEAK me out!

For those of you just checking in Mari DOES NOT LIKE FLYING! I'm just fine with the gliding along, but the up and down bits put me into shut down mode. Scott's instructor on Sunday offered to let me ride with them...NO...no I'm absolutely sure, NO. As Scott says, there's not enough prozac in the world. Well maybe there is, but there wasn't enough in me at that moment to make it anything other and a pretty good hyperventilation. Deffinitely gonna need some anti anxiety meds to get to where I can go places with him.

Oscar had his wings trimmed yesterday afternoon, and he is one sad little climbing bird today. He wants to fly, and the vet left him enough feathers to flap, but he just can't get any lift. Poor baby. I love it! no more chasing him all over. He is a much more humble creature. But still a brat. I expect his next trick to be riding the cats around the house to get where he wants to be...when he manages it I'll post a picture.

Gonna go watch the end of American Idol. No I'm not a fan, I just need to know when it's safe to bug the nomad family again (Judy's a fan). And maybe it will help me understand the play we went to at Desert Star last night American Fork Idol (was okay, but the Oleo was better than the rest of the show).

Ya'll enjoy this good weather we're having!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment