Monday, April 27, 2009

quick note

I just got home from the dentist and half of my face is numb, so if something here doesn't make sense, that's why. I'm ever so slightly distracted. But I haven't posted in a while and want to catch up. Not that I'm certain anyone reads this, but it's cathartic for me to write things down

It was an interesting weekend. When we got to Antelope Island the campground was full, & the ranger was recommending Willard Bay, 15 miles north. So we went north. There were a few other campers, mostly tents, so we settled into a far corner. We usually try to camp away from the bathrooms, and away from the tent campers (sometimes for our noise, sometimes for their noise, that and tenters almost always means little kids, who can be down right nosy about the one leg and the parrot). The anti mosquito bat squad must still be in hibernation, and we'd forgotten to load firewood, so we didn't spend much time outside. It started raining during then night, and by the time we woke up we had the campground all to ourselves. I do feel bad for all the folk who had a miserable night, but it sure was fun to listen to the raindrops on the rooftop while snuggled safe and warm in bed. Saturday we trekked across the mud and climbed the edge of the lake....and then promptly climbed back down. Windy!!!! and not much to see. Not even any boats out puddling around. Scott took a short walk through the grass and came back with a soaking wet shoe. I stayed on the mud, and asphalt. We had fun watching birds and bugs for a while but quickly retreated to the camper. Good thing cuz the next time we looked out it was snowing. Spent several hours playing the farm game (Scotty won this time). And Oscar was all kinds of helpful.

I managed to tweak my back by walking into the camper slide while we were packing (genius I know) and so we came home early Sunday so that I could have kitty therapy. Don't know why, but being at home just feels better. I'll give the cat's credit.

Today I got to go to lunch with Russ. YAY! Funny how it's only been a few months but it's felt like forever! We went to Chin Wah and of course had Phoenix Chicken, and Russ agrees with me, their egg drop soup is weird, good, but weird. We did indulge our cruel selves a little by sending Scotty pictures of our food...I know it's mean, but it's not very often we get the chance to tease him like that. He'll get even. He always does. And then we'll find some new way to tease him. I'm looking forward to spending a little more time with those folk before they fly north. And then I'll be looking forward to going north to camp. Lots of looking forward to do.

My cheek is coming un-numb. I think I'll go try drinking water, when I tried it a while ago I spilled more than I swallowed.

Remember I'm pullin' for ya, we're all in this together.
-m

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the numb cheek, but sounds like things are positive. I'm jealous about he camping... Hope your back is better quick. I pulled mine recently, and while it doens't make the world stop, it sure makes it annoying...

    ReplyDelete