Saturday, January 2, 2010

Even Dorothy had to go home from Oz

I'm feeling a bit like someone clicked my heals and didn't bother to warn me.

Tonight's my last here in Quartzsite, and I'm really not ready to give up my summer family and good times. Thom & Judy have done a good job of hosting us here in the desert. I'm really glad they've elected to come back to Utah for the summer. I just might have gone berserk without them. Strangely enough they are part of my sanity...go figure. The 3 months since we were all together seems like a very long time, though it did go quickly. I've very much enjoyed a visit Willow and McCuey too. Willow's my dopted furr people, and Mucker is my substitute feather buddy.

There's all kinds of fantastic things and adventures we've enjoyed here in the desert. I listened to coyotes howling at the full moon our first night here. Ate fried jalapeno cheese curds, bourbon chicken, REALLY good pizza, & indian tacos on deluxe fry bread *not all at once*. Shopped some of the BEST bead and craft suppliers I've ever seen AGAIN! Finally learned to make a wire tree from Judy (have meant to do that for at least 2 years now) and am ADDICTED. In the last 3 days I've made a wind swept willow, a red & green leaf twisty tree, and a very special Palm tree (I think that one was the most fun cuz I made up the pattern myself and had no clue what I was doing the whole time). I've also had two going on three good campfires...neener-neener Mike-n-Lisa! Add all that to no demands, no schedule, and friends who will pretty much go along with whatever you decide you want to do = GOOD TIMES!

Last I heard Lynn's busting out of the rehab place on Tuesday HAPPY DANCE! My mom chatted with me while walking laps around the rec center where the Andersens had their holiday party, sounds like it was another hit. Our Hillyard party was the usual Yeehaw, a few new faces (can you believe that my little Lyndie is getting married? i can't!). Also Eric has found a girl who knows how to deal with his attitude. I believe she deserves a metal :) Grumpa was sick and couldn't make it, but I had a good visit with him and have heard he's doing a bit better. We didn't really have a Brown family party yet, but are looking forward to one once Lynn's home and up for the company (I've already come up with an fantastic/evil present to give Mason on the occasion).

You will all have to forgive my brevity. There's a beautiful campfire outside surrounded by three of my favorite people. I can't resist.

...there's no place like home...
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment