Sunday, October 17, 2010

Eventually everything becomes normal.

Tonight Colorado & I made an experimental dinner.  It started out with hmmmmm, we've got the stuff for french toast....him saying we could get bacon, me remembering we already had some that needed cooking....and then evolved from there (big surprise I'M AMAZINGLY BAD AT MAKING UP MY MIND).  Anyhow we ended up with bacon and a really strange version of german pancake that had poultry seasoning, white black & red pepper, garlic, freezerburnt stir fry veggies ( I picked out the water chestnuts cuz I thought they'd be too weird) and who knows how long it's been in the freezer chopped spinach.  Topped by the bacon, some chopped ham and 3 kinds of cheese (chipotle white cheddar, mozzarella, and muenster)  For the cost of a few eggs, mystery veggies, and a few spices we had nomy dinner and leftovers worth saving.  Sort of like a crustless quiche (easy to create out of the pantry, but not as fabulous as yours Judy Gail).

So last night was the annual kick off dinner for Utah Professional Florist Association (UPFA) and their Designer of the year competition.  The design contest was awesome, and next year I'll go just to see it.  But I'm not gonna compete.  I didn't want to anyhow, and it showed in my performance.  Just proves that if you want to force me into saying yes, get Fran & my Mom on your side. .... . . sorta hope Scott doesn't read that.  However I paid 30 dollars plus the cost of my entry to attend the thing, had neutral service (Marriott Uof U campus) bland food (the fall vegetable side dish was the highlight), and was more annoyed than entertained by the president of the association monopolizing the program.  So I'm a little pissed.  If my buddy Juan hadn't won the thing and I hadn't had a great time socializing with floral friends I'd be really pissed.

Today was the Teleflora sponsored design show at Ensign Wholesale.  Usually I love the events, enjoy the visit with my mom, and come home full of ideas.  Today I actually got bored.  Maybe my heart was in the wrong place.  Lunch *usually a highlight* was kinda depressing.  Really I can cook hamburger, mix in beans, scoop Pace salsa, and open a bag of lettuce at home for a whole lot less and make it much tastier, also dessert was awkward enough to be inedible.  For $20 and most of my ONLY day off I really expected more.  I'm holding out hope that the next event is much better, if not....

So I've wasted a HUGE chunk of money, but enjoyed my time with friends whom I've been too long without seeing.  However, it's choices I made, so I'll move on and quit being pissy.  Next weekend I'm going to load myself into the camper, enjoy myself, and NOT spend any money.

Sorry for ranting.  I've just had a disappointing day.  At least dinner was a victory.
Live Long & Prosper.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment