Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fun at the County Fair

Scott & I went north for the Cache County fair.  It was epoch.

We camped Thursday at my Grandparents place & had a great time remembering & enjoying what they worked so hard to build all those years.  It was good for my soul to just soak in the home feelings and be there.  Mom & Jack-jack stopped in on their walk, got to watch the family cars come & go lust like my Grandparents always did, and sat on the lawn in the moonlight smelling Grandma's rose garden.  As relaxing goes it was pretty grand.

Friday we visited Mom & Jack-jack for a bit, Mom & I made navy blue cane armatures for her work, Scott was patient, Jacky put on his best cute & destructive act.  Then we all went down to watch the horse show & wander the fairgrounds.  Without ever being the rodeo queen, horseman, or ffa projecteer I have somehow spent more years than not at the county fair with my family.  It's all good memories, and I had a TON of fun this year too.   We watched Kelc rock her horse show winning self, and then stuck around for the rodeo queen transformation. Since our camper wasn't raising eyebrows we stayed where we were and had a pretty decent night there at the fairgrounds.  Saturday we got to watch Eric's girlfriend Josie show on her beautiful horse Pepper.  I had a lot of fun watching the show & having someone to cheer for.  Not to mention having my FAVORITE snow cone purveyor within walking distance (alas, they had no apple syrup with them).

Saturday night Kelc was in the rodeo again, and my AWESOME Auntie Leisa brought two horses for her so that I got a chance to ride one for a bit.  It's been a VERY long time since I've been on a horse.  I enjoyed all 20 minutes of it, I'm VERY GRATEFUL that Baby Doll is a patient horse, & I was very glad that I quit at 20 minutes.

We stayed the next two nights at the Christensen's place where we took turns snuggling & spoiling Sambo the adorable black barn cat who thinks our camper is HER's whenever it's there.  Sunday I went to the horse races in Mallad with Leisa, Kelcee, Angie, Mike, & Austin.  I have never been to the horse races before, so going with family and hearing all their memories about horse racing with Uncle John & Grandpa was quite a bit of fun.  I also caught a pretty awesome but not painful sunburn.

Monday we visited pepperige farm for cookies and crackers, then Lower's for MEAT then came home, & begged forgivness with the kitties.

Since then we've done not much of interest.

I got a phone call  from Tracy at South Fork (campground) turns out the canyon boss' from last year, who's 'unique' style of management made life there so impossible, worked their same magic this year at cemetary point & most of their employee's walked out on them the week before the 24th.  They were fired.  I have to admit I did a bit of celebrating.  Too bad all those nice folks had to be tortured though.

I've not touched on everything I have to update on, but it's late, and my thoughts are scattering.  More soon.
~m


No comments:

Post a Comment