Tuesday, August 2, 2011

You can never go back.

But you can try to recreate....sometimes.  While we were at the Preston rodeo last weekend Scott & I somehow managed to avoid the rodeo food stand that was producing some really tasty looking/smelling food.  I had actually planned on that being our dinner, but with one thing and another we somehow ended up eating lunchables in the camper at midnight (the pizza ones are kinda gross btw).

So last night I went to the grocery store & bought burger patties, shredded lettuce, a sweet onion, vine tomato, the good $2 bacon, etc.  Tonight we feasted.  It may not have been quite the same as the Lion's stand rodeo burgers, but we'll be eating them again tomorrow cuz they were REALLY good.  I cooked the onions down in cast iron, seasoned the patties, browned them on medium heat, threw on some of the onions, and a slice of sharp cheddar, warmed the bun on the pan for a few, then we each topped our own burger from the "topping bar".  It ain't health food, but it sure was delish.

Today one of our familiar customers complemented me about letting my hair go back to "normal".  NO WAY!  So I came home & broke out the purple dye.  I am back to my "natural" color.  Sorry world, the Mari is not what most people would expect.  Those who have known me more than 5 minutes see how purple (or red, or blue) is really me.  Though that same customer was very proud of spending 22,000 on a new car....so he obviously is NOT sane!

Yesterday I caught the schwan's guy at the neighbors' house and asked him to come by my with itialian ice cups (they're pretty dang amazing).  When he came to the door he was surprised that he'd never met me because he's seen my scooter around quite a bit.  I had to laugh because I've been a bad biker and left the silver wing parked quite a bit lately.  Guess a purple fairy helmet and a purple scooter with fuzzy dice is just memorable.

My car came down with a fresh case of gremlins yesterday & I was real glad the rain was clearing because I had to ride the scooter.  It turned out to be a great day for riding, and I'm all sorts of sore from enjoying it.  Might even pester Scotty into fixing my fork seals so I can do more riding soon.  I can definitely feel that things aren't quite right in the stearing/suspension department.

Last night I booked reservations for camping Arches, Dead horse & a couple other places before snow flies...possibly after.  We're getting better and better at packing and going without too much stress. Not that we don't want to kill each other at times, it is an awfully small camper after all.

Gotta go help clean up the kitchen so we can make burgers again tomorrow.
Live long & prosper.
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment