Saturday, June 20, 2009

My kingdom for a flat spot!

Wow does time fly when you’ve got tons to get done! I finally ran out of time and just loaded things into the camper wherever they fit. Thursday when I got here, I had to spend an hour sorting and stashing things just to be able to get into the camper. And BONUS the can of oven cleaner somehow got smashed / punctured, it sprayed everywhere! So I spent another hour cleaning so that it was safe for Oscar and Royla to be in here. This all had to happen around me learning the rules, and signing up my first campers. Like I said, it’s gonna be an adventure.

Yesterday was a bit less stressful. I got a few things sorted and stashed, figured out that I had the WRONG tent with me, got a temporary tarp shelter put up, and managed to find all of the floor at the same time. Had some fun campers in here last night, I think I’m gonna love the people part of this job. I’m not having much luck with the weed eater and leaf blower though. Hopefully Thom can educate me about them.

I have no cell service here in the campground. But I do have a phone, go figure, don’t those wires go in the exact same trench? Solar panel should keep it from being too much of a stress for me though.

Oscar & Royla are settling into the camper, she spent most of yesterday afternoon hiding in the top of the closet, but now has decided that things are okay, and this one on one time with me is just swell. She snuggles me to sleep, and keeps my pillow warm when I go out to open the gate in the morning. Oscar’s pretty comfy in the camper, and once I got his knot toy placed properly in his cage (he sleeps wrapped in it) he’s just delighted with life. When campers come to the door he bawks and squaks at them, and when I hang up the telephone (it’s next to his cage for the time being) he says “bye bye”.

It’s raining this afternoon, keeps the campers quiet and the campsites empty. I think maybe that’s a good thing today, I’m making serious progress inside the camper. Also, I’m watching Due South. Any day with Due South is a good day! I think I’ll go find the kitchen sink now and see if I can locate a can of soup. Then a quick trip down to Thom and Judy’s so I can post this and check my email & phone messages.

No pictures yet, soon, I promise. Yesterday I got a few shots of the wildflowers, different from the ones at South Fork & Perception. There’s a jackrabbit living in the middle of the campground, I’m hoping to get a picture of him too.

Ya’ll take care now!

-m

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! Enjoy all the peace and quiet and everything else.

    ReplyDelete