Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's gonna be a grand adventure!

Yay and WOW.

6 days has felt like about 2. It’s been a lot of fun, a little challenging, and at times rather stressful. I’ve made many new friends (mostly the single serving kind). And met a few campers whom I’ll be just tickled if they never come back. Case in point the delightful folks currently camped in sight 12. Came in yesterday, pitched a fit because their buddy Larry (last years host) isn’t here again and expected me to let them camp free because he did. Um NO. Sorry can’t do that, and maybe that’s why Larry isn’t here again this year…ya think? So after I’d carefully ignored the rude comments mixed into their chatter and collected the proper fees from them (they really wanted to trick me into taking less than the full amount) I tried to tell them about the campground rules, and recommend that they store their cooler in the car overnight (we’ve had problems here and in Meadows with raccoons breaking into them). One of the guys wanted to fight with me about raccoons…Duh, I don’t care if they get their food stolen! I just don’t want them complaining that I never warned them. The same folks were up yelling at 11:30 last night. They’ve made it clear that they don’t care for me and are planning to leave me a negative revue on their comment card. And oh joy, they’re staying again tonight. I’m not looking for this to be a stressful job, but I really don’t like having to put up with jerks.

But I’m finally getting my camp set up, not clean yet, still cluttered. But at least I’m not shuffling piles from one place to another twenty times a day.

Sounds like Scott’s trying to get up here next week for a few days. That’s awesome! I don’t mind being here alone, but a campfire is always more fun when there’s some one to enjoy it with. Besides that there’s gonna be a WHOLE LOT of campers in the canyon next week. Should be a little less stressful cuz I’ll know what’s expected, and what forms to fill out.

Tonight I’m at Thom & Judy’s having pizza with Marv & Deb. I love these people! This is why I’m here, well that and it’s gonna be a grand adventure. I’ve got tons of computerish things to get done, and less than an hour to do it, so short post. Here’s a few pictures of my campsite:

Tomorrow I’m riding back to SLC with Russ and Sandy. I’ll load up my scooter, do some laundry, skritch Spazz & Yahzi, and then head back up here. It’s gonna be fun to have my bike here…if I can handle the ride. It’ll be my first in two years. Shameful I know.

Hopefully I have some extra time this weekend to get back online and perhaps compose my thoughts a bit more. Love to all y’all!

-m

No comments:

Post a Comment