Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another rainy day.

This weather's keeping things pretty quiet up here. I wait for breaks in the weather to get a few sites cleaned out then come back in to snuggle kitties and watch the rain. The soundtrack for these days has been a mix of Stan Rogers, Nathan Rogers, and Garnet Rogers. I just love their deep voices and acoustic guitar.

Tomorrow's supposed to be my day off, but I might wait and take part of Thursday instead.

Today I ran into Eden to get a few essential grocery supplies and mail off the bills. While I was there it became apparent that my car has some kind of power steering issue. I had a bit of an adventure getting back up the canyon...really hope that when I check the fluid tomorrow & that'll be the issue. I can't afford any sort of repair bill just now! It's sorta amazing how many small expenses have piled up this week getting here and set up. But I'm here and set now, and shouldn't have that kind of expenses for a while.

My New York gang is here this week. Mike's trying to feed me to death. I've never before seen fried chicken and collard greens come off of a grill! But if anyone can do it he can.
I snapped pictures of everything I ate yesterday (it's that good), and as soon as I locate my camera reader I'll post the pics. I'm definitely gonna have to log some miles on my trike to make up for all this :)



Ooh! Rains stopped! Time to go out and move firewood!
Be well!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment