Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blah...

I've had a hard time composing my thoughts lately. Aside from the crazy wildlife(jack rabbits, invasive raccoons, white tail deer, yorkies) & fun repeat campers my week has been a lesson in frustration. The weather sucks, everything keeps breaking or going awry. If Mike & Lisa hadn't been here to distract me and remind me to eat I'd probably have had a migraine most of the week.

I miss Scott. He stayed home this weekend to be useful and get things done. I'm all for that but I miss the company here. Even when we don't talk much it's nice to have him here.

There's not a lot I can get done up here when it's pouring and cold. I'd like to do some weed wacking but the darn thing's broken and down in the maintenance shed. Tomorrow hopefully there's a break in the weather so I can blow off the branches and seeds that have fallen. If not I'll put on my parka and go trim branches in some of the tenting sites. If the weather doesn't improve I'm going to have a hard time finding rain compatible ways to stay busy.

Highlight of the week! I got a Weber County Library card for the summer! I've restocked my audio books, and found several historical and paranormal romances by my favorite authors to read. It's keeping me from going stir crazy, and kitties approve of it because it's skritch compatible.

Oscar has entered yet another phase of terrible two. He now hates both my hands, but likes to snuggle my neck & has romantic intentions toward my watch. I have given up on avoiding bites and just pour alcohol on them daily to avoid infection. I really hope this phase ends SOON. He has finally realized that he can't fly and is becoming very adept at climbing and balancing. He's become particularly fond of rocking. His cage swings on the hanging ropes in the shower (his room) and today we discovered that his basket hangs nicely from the over booth cloths line. He rocks back and forth on the ropes or the cloths line and makes all kinds of happy noises.

It's late, I'm exhausted, and 7am comes awful early!
Be well.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment