Wednesday, February 9, 2011

bright & shiny

Tonight I'm a pretty happy girl.  Tomorrow is pretty much guaranteed to be a good day.  Ashley's putting some sort of fun color in my hair (I'm letting her be creative & I nearly always love what she comes up with).  We're supposed to receive our first box of roses tomorrow, the first of many.  So work will be busy and likely crazy all day.  I'm also invited to a henna party tomorrow night.  It's a silly thing I've almost talked myself out of attending twice, but now Emily (my cousin) is coming with & DRIVING. 

Dunno if I've shared how much I HATE driving in the dark...it's a weird thing. I should prolly have my eyes checked, but you know how I am; I'll have it done next time I'm at that doctor...when I can't avoid it anymore.

Anyhow, knowing Em there will be pictures of the party (she's sorta awesome at that).  I'll link or share them.

Valentines looms on our horizon...we're pre-greening vases for the first time in Tulip Tree's history. At Highland Floral (you know the bad place that wasn't actually on highland but kept the name) we pre-made whole arrangements and then wrapped them & didn't check them before shipping out (I hated it, cuz closed up arrangements often mold quickly).  However pre-greening seems like a good idea since the greens are in water instead of stacked in a box, and nothings wrapped up in magic green paper.  We'll see, there's definitely no worry of sending out scary product, since things are checked twice before they leave the store.

Life's feeling pretty balanced and RIGHT lately, I never know rather to just enjoy this feeling or worry about what's coming along to knock me off kilter. 

Perhaps my off kilter is already here since my back's scaring the heck out'a me.  Last time it was this painful and unpredictable I ended up needing a wheelchair.  Since Lynn's using "my" chair, I'm pretty determined NOT to need it.  Besides, I LIKE being able to walk, and maintaining that's worth a quite a bit of effort.  Only had one bad fall so far, so I'm holding out hope for control.

Tonight, somehow, is a nice mellow place. I'm enjoying it.
Be well.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment