Sunday, February 27, 2011

Can't Sleep

Ever since we got home from Quartzsite I've had a pinched nerve that puts a hitch in my gate.  Most times it's an annoyance, sometimes it's painful, at least once it's caused me to faceplant.  I've developed a HUGE appreciation for my electric hot pad.  Tonight it's WHAiNGING!!!!!!  I know that's not a word & I don't care.  It conveys the intent.  I hate to post when I'm less than my best *cause I'll whine*  but I'm up & thinking, and VERY happy to distract myself.

Scott & I are full of thoughts about our retirement strategy ever since the RV show.  It's a constant thought process but some very large points of interest were brought to our attention.  I'm pretty sure we're a salesman's nightmare cuz we're years away from buying & we're OVER researching.  When the time comes we will sell the house, CONSOLIDATE, and move forward with minimal trepidation.  In the meantime we shall dither grandly & ask too many questions.  But since neither of us is at all fond of buying new, and we could end up retiring any time now (dependent on how hard either of us is willing to work while we're retired) knowing what's on the market, and what we like is of value.  I personally don't see either of us pulling up stakes for several years.  We both like our jobs & don't completely hate where we live.  Between now & then we shall CAMP!

Thanks to this twinge in my leg/back & a nasty bug I've been pretty miserable lately.  Missed 2 days of work this week I hate losing the money (damn all of you lucky shits who have paid sick leave!!!)  but I hate pain worse.  Fran & I are still trying to figure out how to tell each other that we're making the other one miserable by being miserable.  It's just too codependent of a relationship not to effect each other.  We come up with a new way to say "I love you, but you're making me hate life" every week.  Guess that's a lot healthier, and probably not as professional as most places.  It seems to work for us.  We have mastered the hand sanitizer/disinfectant ritual that seems to keep us from making each other ill.  If only we could teach all the other people who invade our space to also respect our ritual.

Tomorrow Scott and I are either (1) piecing together Oscar's BIG cage (2) replacing the fuse & putting miles on my car so it can pass inspection (3) (and since it's now almost 4am most likely) Not putting on pants (other than pjs).  All of these options sound amazing to me in comparison to how I spent valentines & the weekend after (ill).  Also I found a recipe tonight for buttermilk waffles that have cheese baked into the crust.  Y'all know how I feel about burnt cheese.

Live long & prosper
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment