Thursday, May 28, 2009

Safe & Sound

Happy to report that both me & Truck Boat Truck made it home safely. Had a few white knuckle moments along the way, but most of it was in my head. Oscar narrated the entire journey, and was very happy to get back home to his Meows at the end of the ride.

Had a busy day today, ran a bunch of errands and applied for a couple more jobs. Met a neat kid named Chris this afternoon and he helped me to wash windows and mow the yard. It was awesome! I am now headed into the weekend slightly less behind than I was before. YAY! Sounds like Ashley's gonna come help me finish up the gravel distribution Friday, so I'll be even more ahead. And I fixed the cat cage so we can have kitty back yard time this weekend. I'll try to post some pictures.

Scotty went flying yesterday without his leg, and got to land the plane, twice. Sounds like he had fun and the adrenalin hit him halfway home. He tells me all of this with a huge grin on his face. I'm still trying hard to be excited for him. We'll see.

I've had a kitty touching me most of the day and currently have all three plus the bird helping me type. Perhaps I was gone too long. Sure was fun though.

I'm missing the Crawfords and the canyon. Can't wait to go back soon. It was a great get away.
Here's a few of my favorite pictures from the trip:
Here's Willow (Thom & Judy's adorable pup) with her first taste of snow. Scotty went for a motorcycle ride to the top of the canyon and brought it back in a saddle bag. We called it her Elk Flavor Snow cone. She kept licking till her tongue went numb and then bashed it apart with her paws and teeth. I had a good time watching.













Us Camped Next to Thom & Judy. See it's a tiny camper.... sorta.












View of the river along the campground. Perdy Ain't it?






























Another view of one of the campsites after the place cleared out from the weekend.








A rare flora found only in beautiful campgrounds, and premier landscapes. Like mine :).







Live long & prosper!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment