Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yay!

Today was AWESOME!

I got to go to work, work hard, do my best, get things done, and best of all NO DRAMA. I'm still glad for the experience I gained working at Hyland. But I am more than ever glad I left. Tulip Tree is a whole different environment, with different rules and expectations, but get this, all the people who work there are grown ups. Even the high school student who does odd jobs is professional about it and knows what's expected of her. I LOVE IT! I'd like to say there's no catty fighting, there is...but it's not real drama, mostly just Fran's mom teasing people. And she's a sweetheart who would do anything for ya, just likes to act grumpy. Sorta like my Grandpa Glen.

I had more fun just working today than I've had at Hyland all year. I think no matter what job I end up with I'll still go in to visit with Fran and play with flowers on a regular basis (if she'll let me).

Scott had a good day too I think. All of his medical stuff has come back clear and he's ready to dive into his pilot training. He's also been able to ride his bike to work two days in a row. And today was payday! When I got home tonight he was planting vegetables in the back yard. I believe his plans for the weekend include puttering on the camper, flying, cooking experiments, and a little yard work. So should be a pretty good weekend for him.

I'll be at Tulip Tree, which should be fun too. And the paycheck won't hurt either. I really hope to hear back from the community college tomorrow. I would LOVE to get that job. But I'm not giving up if I don't get it. Something IS going to happen, and when it does it will be a good change of pace for me. Really it's kinda scary how happy I am in comparison to the last few months. I apologize profusely to all the people I've been whining to! I think I've learned not to let myself be put into that kind of situation again. I was not helpless, but the solution wasn't an easy one to stick with. And didn't make sense to me right up to the end. Giving up on things just isn't something I readily do. But it was right, and I'm SO glad I did it.

Oscar came to work with me this afternoon, there was a big boxer puppy there all day and they've had shop birds before so it was kinda fun to see how he acted with other people. He is definitely a Mama's Bird! Just fine with the dog (caged). And absolutely fearless of strangers, though he wasn't much of a talker till we got back in the car to come home. He sure didn't like it when I walked away where he couldn't see me though. Kept calling to me if I wasn't talking so he'd know he wasn't abandoned.

I prolly won't post again until Sunday or Monday, so no news is good news.
I'm gonna go get some down time and relax.

Happy Mother's Day to all.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment