Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Much Ado

So it's been a while, and much has happened.

The drama at Hyland finally escalated to outright name calling. No professionalism, no actual management, just a bunch of immature and don't give a shit behavior. So I gave notice. And I can't believe how relieved I am. I should have stood up for myself long before now. Not like the $50 a week they were paying me came anywhere close to paying the bills. And now I don't have to wake up every other Saturday and spend the best part of my weekend twiddling my thumbs. Though I will miss the days I got to work with Joffree. Their behavior after I gave notice has only confirmed that I made the right decision. No matter what happens from here, this was the right thing to do.

Independent of that drama I've had a couple of interviews, and have spent a lot of my down time job hunting. Nothing solid yet. But I really hope I get the job I interviewed for today. It's a customer service job with the Community College. Keeping my fingers crossed, and I'll know by Monday.

Today I stopped in to visit Fran at Tulip Tree, I'm going to work a few hours there over the holiday. Should be fun.

Just watched Oscar unwrap a fortune cookie, he's way more interested in the wrapper than the cookie. Smart bird. Though he did try to have a bath in his water dish this afternoon (he does not fit) so maybe he's not such a smart bird. I think even the cat's were laughing at him.

Scott's been able to wear his leg more lately, hooray! He's gotten lots of our puttering projects done. At this rate we may be ready to dive into that bathroom remodeling project sometime soon...like next year...this is one of those times when both of us being gimps kinda sucks.
He's also been working on all of the medical tests he needs to get his pilot license. So far so good. I'm happy cuz he's healthy, he's happy cuz he can fly.

Looking forward to a motorcycle ride tomorrow. Hopefully I can pull a hundred miles and get comfortable riding long distance again. Or maybe I'll just go find a parking lot and practice my cornering skills...either would be good for me.

Scott just got home from work, I'd better go get started on dinner.

Ya'll enjoy the sunshine!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment