Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No appologies

On the 3rd to last day of our Quartzsite escape the hard drive of my laptop gave up for good.  Pretty much everything was on that drive...so I've been going through the stages of rage, panic, disgust, acceptance, & then thanks to Scotty & his college surplus super powers RECOVERY.  I think I came outa this one with a better personal computer than I started with, and probably we can turn my lappy (that's what Scott has called my laptop ever since I started packing nearly everywhere I go) into a still usable computer.  It's still upsetting that I've lost all the files, pictures, passwords, etc. that were stored on that machine, but I'm focusing on how wonderful it is to have contact with the world and most of my friends again.

My "new" computer is 6 years old from the college surplus, has a freaking huge flat monitor (pretty sure Scotty pulled some sort of strings for me) and does all of the things I want.  It even plays Dragon Age which I bought last year and couldn't get to run on lappy.


We had an amazing, relaxing, balancing, irreplaceable adventure in Quartzsite as always.  Love that place & those people.  Scott's shopping properties & building a spreadsheet to track when we can afford to retire...lol.  We always come home from there happy we went.

I also came home with a killer back twinge (too many hours in the truck), and a toothache (cracked filling, had it before I went but it started hurting).  So I've been limping, and screaming every time I have to get into my car for a week plus.  Dentist patched it up on Monday & I've been miserable since then with some sort of reaction to the numbing shot.  Spent most of yesterday with an ice pack on my face & a cheek too swollen to give Oscar kisses (that's all he wanted yesterday, not skritches, or beaker, or peek-boo).  It's better tonight, and my back's slowly getting back to normal too.

I've much more to say, but have several projects to get to before I can go to bed so I'm gonna sign off and hope to post again soon.

Bless.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment