Friday, January 28, 2011

Not too good, but not bad.

Thanks to my tweeked back that's punishing me for the long ride home from Arizona, this week has been pretty darn uneventful.  Monday I had to see the dentist for a filling, ended up calling off work for the day because after that all I was up for was sitting on the couch with a heat pack on my back/butt and an ice pack on my cheek.  All i can figure is that when they numbed my mouth with the shot they bumped something delicate that bled internally.  My whole cheek was red, puffy, and sore as hell for 3 days.  Yesterday the pain backed off, but then people started asking me what happened to my face...that's such a delightful thing to hear when you have no idea what they're talking about.  So to return Scott's favor from the desert I told them he hit me (that's what he told our friends after his sleep walking tumble).  Today it's just as colorful, but not really painful.

Work's been busy, and we're doing all kinds of prep for Valentines.  This afternoon Adda & I were working on an order together a customer who visits the shop often started laughing at us.  Apparently we sound a bit like sisters when we're bickering about how to get an order finished to Adda's approval.  Guess it's evidence of the acceptance and a bit of impatience on both sides.  Byron got pulled into the project and ended up taping his own mouth shut at one point.  Those of you who have spent any time at the Tulip Tree will have a delightful mental image of just how ridiculous & fun the whole project was with the three of us working together in our unique way.  We really are more like a family than most workplaces ever are.  Don't know how, or why it works that way.  But it's home for me & I'm glad to be there.

We're coming right up on the 1st annual Tulip Tree Fire Celebration day.  Not sure any of us knows exactly how to feel about it, but we are very happy with the shop as it is now compared to before.  So it must be worth everything we've gone through this year.

Oscar's helping me type, and I've got a party (one of the Tulip Tree family members) to get to in 10 minutes.  Happy Friday!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment