Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Scrubbing and Piling

Seems to be the theme of my life the last few days.  I've been cleaning and prepping and packing for our trip.  Funny how many things I've remembered and yet I'm absolutely certain that I will forget something essential.  I've unloaded a whole bunch of living stuff out of the camper to make it a camping camper again.  Upside of that is having less clutter and a lighter rig, downside is that on a 12 day camping trip you nearly need enough gear to live.  I'm currently debating the merits of packing nearly all of my clothes into the camper so that we don't have to find a laundromat halfway through.

Our buddy Kirk brought us a pile of firewood tonight...a somewhat dubious gift since he isn't certain that it's fully cured.  However, I never say no to firewood, and we'll enjoy burning it rather it's this winter or next.  I do love a good campfire, and when I can't have one of those a fire in the hearth is nearly as good.  Besides with a blazing purple bed of coals pretty much anything will burn.

I'm quite enjoying the prospect of campfires and desert.  I've ordered Anne of Green Gables from Netflix, loaded 3 novels into the camper bookshelf, and made sure my sketching stuff and camera are packed.  A week of real live vacation has me so delighted my toes wiggle just thinking about it.

Tomorrow I have to do the grocery shopping so I'd better go finish my list and print out what recipe's I need to take.  Then I'm gonna settle in for kitty snuggles and an episode or 2 of NCIS.

Live long and prosper.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment