Monday, March 28, 2011

oh dear

I was rather more correct about grumpy muscles than I knew.  Yesterday I got up and began my morning routine, only to realize that there was going to be nothing routine about my day....my back was severely out & sending screaming nerve pain down my leg....up my back....and at times into my head.  Once I got myself back onto the bed Scott brought me a book, a ginger ale, my heat pad, and a bottle of ibuprofen.  That is where i stayed most of the day.  When he returned from helping Matt move several hours later he helped me relocate to the couch.  I spent the remainder of the day there-being VERY careful about how I moved.  Today I am a little better, but couldn't bend enough to put jeans on & so decided it might be best if I stayed home from work.  There are just too many familiar things lately that remind me of how my back was before I went down for the count years ago.  I can't/won't be home bound again.  Besides, my wheelchair is being put to better use by Lynn.  I need to change something in order to stop pushing myself into the ground.  I've cut back my home & hobbies to nearly nothing...so I'm looking at cutting down what I can do for work.  That's really frustrating since I love my job & I'm nervous about giving any of it up.  But in previous times when I had this sort of pain & was getting sick as often as I have been the next thing was days long migraines.  I can't go there.  So I'll make whatever changes I need to.  Including going to the doctor.

I'd better go find some lunch and another pill.
Live Long & Prosper
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment