Thursday, March 3, 2011

Out of the Blue

Tonight I got a message from Royla's mom.  She's moving & can't keep her, want's to know if I "want her back".  What the hell am I supposed to say?!?  We do not have room in our home for another cat, but I'll be damned (Mom I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to use heck & darn right now) if I'll let her go to a shelter & be euthanized.  She is a good cat who never asked more from the world than a safe place to sleep and someone to love.  I've done my best for her twice now and apparently failed.  These people BEGGED me to let them have her when I wasn't sure I wanted to let her go.  Now they're giving her till April 1st. 

It is just SO depressing.  I'm MAD, and heart broken, and I don't know what to do other than try to inspire this person to find some kind of solution and offer to be the last ditch option even though I know it's gonna be a mess if I do.  I can NOT condemn her, it's just not in me, and despite letting her go to what I thought was a secure home I still LOVE her.

Don't know what to do, I'm physically sick about this one.
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment